Monday, July 23, 2012

My Heart Has Arrived

At this very moment, there is a beautiful girl laying on my sofa, legs over my lap, fast asleep. She is making the most delicious little sleep sounds, and I can feel the warmth of her body and the comfort of her company. My heart is happy.

My beautiful Callie has come to visit, from all the way across the pond. My amazing English girlfriend is here in America, and more specifically, in my apartment. After one of the most emotional months I can remember, in this moment all I feel is content, overjoyed, loved. My heart is bursting and I just want to shout it from the rooftops: I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!!!

That said...I may be a little quiet for the next 9 days. Heaven has arrived in South Carolina, and I plan to take advantage of every last second that I have.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you, Mel! I hope you can truly enjoy your time together and that you can be present with one another without the anxiety creeping in and stealing your time together.

    ~ GlitterGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel-
    Yay! I'm so glad that Callie has arrived and that all is well. Being in a long distance relationship is hard at the best of times... and your circumstances are no picnic.
    I say you two deserve the next 9 days...er... 7 now. :)
    Take some time, breathe her in, hold her close and remember just why you love this woman so much.
    Hope the next week is filled with awesome memories!
    (P.S... you better be quiet for a few days!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya! Do you happen to have any writing education or it is just a completely natural gift of yours? Thanks a bunch in advance for your answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No writing training other than high school English classes

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading :)
"Anonymous" users - Under "comment as" you can use "Name/URL" to enter a name (any name you want) and just leave the URL blank.