Wednesday, June 5, 2013

From Worst Day to Best Day

After hours of torture (not literal) at immigration, picking up the cat, driving home and racing the kids to bed, Callie and I were finally able to have the wonderful romantic birthday dinner she'd been planning for ages (since we weren't able to spend my real birthday together).

Callie set me up on the sofa with Netflix, and made me stay out of the kitchen/dining room while she set up.  (On Valentine's Day I accidentally ruined the surprise of the beautiful set-up she did for dinner, by trying to tidy up after the kids and walking into the dining room without thinking!) She put on a song I love (she'd made a playlist for me!) and invited me into the dining room.  I walked into something truly beautiful - candles, champagne (Callie doesn't drink it...or like it...but I'd said we needed a bottle on the night we met because it's for celebrating), and pizza with heart-shaped pepperonis she'd cut out herself.   It was so amazing, she completely turned my day around.



We sat down to our beautiful candlelight dinner, where I proceeded to talk. And talk and talk and talk. (She told me later I never shut up the whole time and she was worried I never would!) After dinner, she brought out my birthday cake, with candles spelling "I love you Mel" and I made a wish for...well, I guess I shouldn't say what I wished for -- but I will say, I'm definitely on my way to having it. :)

Callie opened the champagne and made a toast to us. She had a sip and made a face, so I told her she didn't have to drink it.  I said I would finish the rest later while we were sitting on the sofa and she massaged my feet.  Then I felt bad because she doesn't like to give massages, and said she didn't have to.  Callie said "I'll give you a massage baby, if you do one thing for me."  I responded with "Oh yeah, what's that?" (and luckily refrained from making an orgasm joke).  Callie brought out a ring box and said "Will you marry me?"

After screeching and and covering my mouth in amazement and nodding furiously and shaking my hands around in excitement like a crazy person, I said gave the only answer I could possibly give - YES!

Suddenly the worst day ever became the absolute best day of my life so far.  And here I'd thought the heart-shaped pepperoni was special!


(And I should add, in reference to my previous blog "99% Happy For Them" we have 104 likes on facebook!)

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl I just read all the 2013 posts and updates on your relationship. I want to say that I am happy you finally have all you ever wanted. HOWEVER, I have to advise you to take it SLOW. It takes more than love to make a marriage function and Callie just got out of one. You guys have been through a lot together and need some quiet romance time before marriage hits. Wish you best of lucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, we're not exactly rushing into marriage. It will be quite some time before we're able to afford it and we know we've got some hurdles ahead of us. And as for quiet romance...well, we're living with two young kids. There's never really any quiet, lol.

      Delete
  2. Holy crap on a cracker!! I've been slacking...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so happy for you that things have worked out! :-)

    Now that was the beginning on JUNE and it is now AUGUST, so I'm going to require an update Missy! lol

    I started a blog similar to this... http://carlecameout.wordpress.com if you care to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God!! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you both!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading :)
"Anonymous" users - Under "comment as" you can use "Name/URL" to enter a name (any name you want) and just leave the URL blank.