Monday, July 9, 2012

It's Ours

Tonight I borrow from the lovely, talented Miss Taylor Swift.  When trying to describe how I feel, I've learned that sometimes others just say it better.   My relationship is complicated.  It's not something everyone understands.  Some people will judge.  But you know what?  FUCK them. (I would apologize for my language...but I'm not actually sorry at all)  It's mine, and it's hers, and that's all that matters.  It's ours.


"Seems like there's always someone who disapproves
They'll judge it like they know about me and you
And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do
The jury's out, but my choice is you.

So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours"






Thanks, Taylor.

3 comments:

  1. I can identify with this song too. I'm 38 and just now realizing who I really am. I've left a wide path of destruction though...a relationship with a man for almost 22 years and a son. Thanks for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. I hope the path of destruction leads to a path of enlightenment.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Taylor Swift!
    She rocks. And I think that song is awesome.
    Sorry you're having a rough time with your relationship. But hey, if you ever need an ear -

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading :)
"Anonymous" users - Under "comment as" you can use "Name/URL" to enter a name (any name you want) and just leave the URL blank.