Saturday, June 30, 2012

Falling in Love

I have been sitting here for 20 minutes trying to figure out how to start this post.  It's a big one, and it needs something perfect.  But I just can't come up with a single opener that would do justice to the wonderful woman I have fallen head over heels in love with.

So I'll just say: I'm in love. With the most amazing person I have ever known.  She has totally changed my life and now that I've met her, I don't know how I could ever be without her.

Ours is a complicated situation, but I don't want to focus on that today - I just want to reflect on how much I love her.  Nor do I want to get in to too many specifics without her permission.  So I will shy away from all the complications and focus only on our beautiful love story, and the way she makes me feel.




Callie (named so because she has a MAJOR thing for Dr. Callie Torres of Grey's Anatomy) is incredible.  We met online, via shy, and fell madly in love before ever laying eyes upon one another in person.  You hear stories about this all the time, but I never truly thought it was possible.  I've never been much of a romantic, so while I always wanted to believe in true love, it had always alluded me and I wasn't really sure I believed.  Callie changed my way of thinking completely.  By the time I actually met her, held her, kissed her...I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life holding her, kissing her, making her happy.

I will mention Callie a million times over in this blog, because she is in everything I do, everything I think, everything I feel.  So let me just take a moment to be soppy (not a word anyone would use to describe me before Callie came along), and list some of the things I love about my beautiful girlfriend.

Just a few of the million things I love about Callie:

  • She is beautiful, both inside and out.  I have never known anyone with such a beautiful soul - it just speaks to me.  But she doesn't know how beautiful she is, and I will dedicate my entire life to helping her see.
  • Her voice.  She has the most beautiful English accent.  The first time I heard it, I think my heart stopped for a second. But more than the accent, her voice soothes me.  It cheers me up.  It can stop tears.  It makes me feel like everything is right in the world.
  • She doesn't judge me.  I can be my real true self around her.  I feel like I can say anything, and she won't think I'm stupid or ridiculous.  I've never been more ME than when I'm with Callie.
  • The freckle above her left eye, just at the end of her eyebrow.
  • The way she has changed me, made me feel worthy of love.
  • The feeling of safety I feel in her arms. Like nothing could ever touch me, nothing could hurt me.  Home is in her arms.
  • The way she walks.
  • Her giggle.
  • Her brutal openness.  She doesn't keep anything to herself, and she genuinely can't lie.  This can be hard sometimes, but I admire this quality immensely.
  • Her smell.
  • The fact that she is not a girly girl.  I always thought I would be attracted to someone at least as girly as me.  But I can't believe the way she makes me feel in a pair of Converse, long jean shorts (hand in pocket), and a stripey t-shirt. Humminah humminah!
  • The way she can't keep her hands off me - nor I her. The feeling I get when holding her hand is simply indescribable.
  • Her courage.  Another quality she doesn't see in herself, but I think she is unbelievably brave.
  • Her smile. It lights up my world.

4 comments:

  1. That made me tear up.....God I'm such a hopeless romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I need a link to this shy you keep mentioning! Maybe I can finally meet someone. I've signed up for all the free dating sites I can find and nada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's actually not a dating site - it's a support site for bisexual/bicurious women (and many lesbians that end up there). And my beautiful lady lives in England...so it's not exactly ideal for meeting a partner!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading :)
"Anonymous" users - Under "comment as" you can use "Name/URL" to enter a name (any name you want) and just leave the URL blank.