Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sh*t my mom says

Here is a collection of funny shit my mom said on our first (extremely awkward) phone conversation after I came out to her:




  • Mom: I mean, I wouldn't choose for you to have red hair, because they tend to have it harder in life. But if you were born a redhead I would love you just as much.
  • Me: I might go to the bar to watch the baseball game tonight.
    Mom: Are you going to a gay bar? ....Am I allowed to tease you about it a little?
  • Me: I remember when you were really into the Indigo Girls. And I thought "Hmm if Mom loves the Indigo Girls so much, does that mean she's a lesbian too?"
    Mom: I liked their music!
    Me: I know, but I was a kid.
    Mom: I also like Melissa Etheridge.
    Mom: I even like me some Ani DiFranco music. I took my gay women friends from work to her concert.
  • Me: I didn't know you had gay women friends.
    Mom: Well that's because we don't run around saying "I'm gay!" "I'm straight!"
And my favorite, because I didn't even know she KNEW who this was:
  • Me: I kissed a girl in college once.
    Mom: Did you like it, Katy Perry?

3 comments:

  1. LMAO! I wish my mom had a sense of humor about it for me. She pretends I'm straight >.>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness your mom is precious!
    I wish I could have an open and frank conversation like this with my parents...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha your mum is wicked!!! As in cool lol xxx

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading :)
"Anonymous" users - Under "comment as" you can use "Name/URL" to enter a name (any name you want) and just leave the URL blank.