Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Goodbye USA...

Tonight I set off for England so you may not hear from me for a little while.  I will definitely update with life in the UK, but I know I'll have way more exciting things to do than sit down and write!

I'm experiencing a lot of sadness right now - I really really hate goodbyes.
I said goodbye to my dog yesterday, which was one of the hardest things I've ever done.  And today it's the cats (honestly, the pets are the hardest because you can't talk to them!), and of course my mom and sister, and my country.   So there is a lot of sad.  But there is also a lot of excitement.  I cannot wait for my adventure in London, to start a new chapter with graduate school, but most of all I can't wait to be near my baby girl.  I have dreamed about this for months and to finally have it come true...well, it's literally a dream come true.  Not one bit of the sadness I'm experiencing right now even comes close to what I felt when I lost her.  Giant life changes usually scare the shit out of me, but I haven't even thought about that.  I am EXCITED!  There are tears, of course, when I look at what I'm leaving behind. But the smile that shines through when I look ahead supersedes it all.

 I know that this experience will be once in a lifetime, and I am honestly so thrilled to be risking it all for love.  I've never been one to follow my heart, but this time my heart has taken all control.  And I have every confidence that my heart is making the right decision - it was so much easier than listening to my brain!!!


I'm on my way to a place I've never been before...but I know that I'm going home.


Home

In her arms, I am home
I can do anything, be anyone
I know I'm hers,
And she's mine.

In her arms, I am home
Nothing can touch me, nothing can hurt me
I find safety there,
I find comfort.

In her arms, I am home
Content to love and be loved by her
I want for nothing,
Need nothing.

In her arms, I am home 
Thousands of miles from where I was raised
Where I am matters not,
My home is in her arms. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Mel!
    I am so excited for you! I hope Callie knows what a lucky, lucky girl she has in you.
    Once you land and you are settled make sure you find a few minutes every now and again to tell us how life is going!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading :)
"Anonymous" users - Under "comment as" you can use "Name/URL" to enter a name (any name you want) and just leave the URL blank.